Sunday, March 9, 2014

Let's Eat Better for Spring--Two Easy, Fresh Weeknight Dinners

It FINALLY feels like Spring in NC!  After a winter of roller-coaster weather, 65 degrees and Sunny is a welcomed change.  Flowers will be blooming soon, the birds are already chirping, and it's time to slim down my family menus. 
This month, as an Allrecipes Allstar, I worked with Mazola corn oil to create two of their heart-healthy recipes. Find out more of Mazola's clinical study findings here:  http://www.mazola.com/products/corn-oil
 
 
 
Eating well has always been a priority for me, and I've strived to prepare clean and healthy meals that my family will enjoy.  My husband is an avid marathon runner and works out every day. My oldest girl also runs, and my tiny girl is a constant bundle of energy--if she's up, she is MOVING!  Beat the what's for dinner blues by choosing one of these recipes instead of convenient frozen pizza for your next weeknight meal, and it won't slow you or your family down.
 
First is a fantastic salmon that's coated with a sweet & spicy rub that includes paprika, brown sugar, and a few other ingredients.  Topped with a grapefruit salsa, it is a super-fresh way to boost your omega-3 intake.  Almost everything can be prepared ahead of time, and the salmon only takes 15 minutes to cook.  My husband and I loved this and I'll definitely make it again!
 
 
 
Next is a recipe that slims down Mexican fare.  If you've ever wanted an authentic Mexican street taco, try this recipe.  You may choose to add more toppings, but as-is, I enjoyed them with a squirt of fresh lime juice.  It's so fresh topped with raw veggie salsa, and again the pork and salsa can be prepared ahead of time so all you have to do is heat and eat!
 
 

 
 
 
 
Taking care of our hearts can be delicious!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...