When my oldest gets home from school at 4:30, she's normally starving. I'm always looking for fun and wholesome snacks to tide her over until dinner. This one is GREAT! My youngest and I made it together and it took no time at all. It's sweet, salty, and full of everything we snack on anyway!
Recipe from Allrecipes.com.
Popcorn & Pretzel Sweet Snack Mix
Original recipe makes 6 servings
- Line a 15 1/2x10x1-inch baking pan or large tray with a sheet of Reynolds® Parchment Paper; set aside.
- Pop popcorn according to package directions; shake bag so that un-popped kernels fall to the bottom.
- Pour popcorn, pretzels, almonds and dried cranberries into large bowl. Discard un-popped popcorn kernels.
- Melt white morsels according to package directions. Stir in cinnamon; pour over popcorn and pretzels. Toss to evenly coat.
- Spread evenly on parchment lined tray. Let set to harden, about 1 hour. Break apart large pieces. Store in airtight container.
Using Reynolds parchment paper makes cleanup a breeze! It can also be used to serve it for parties or groups. Cut it into squares and fold it into serving cups and you have an easy & portable hand-held container. I love parchment and keep it on hand at all times for baking cookies, roasting vegetables, and serving baked goods.
I can envision my middle-schooler and her friends devouring this recipe in 10 seconds flat!