Monday, January 6, 2014

School Lunchbox--Beyond Chicken Nuggets


Both of my daughters get a packed lunch every day.  My oldest is 11 and likes to pack her own, using the ingredients we choose together.  I like having control of what my kiddos eat during the day, plus we like to stress healthy options.

My youngest is 4, and is MUCH more picky than her sister ever was!  She could live on chicken nuggets and strawberries so finding alternatives that she will eat warrants a victory dance! 

Recently, the folks at Johnsonville sausage sent me two of their newest products to test:  Frozen, ready to eat meatballs and sausage slices.  Find more about the different varieties here: http://www.johnsonville.com/meatball

One of the proteins my picky preschooler will readily eat is sausage.  We almost exclusively buy Johnsonville because of the quality of the ingredients, and it tastes so darn GOOD!  We've eaten the frozen meatballs (just heat them in the microwave or simmer on the stove) in typical spaghetti and meatballs, and meatball subs, but my favorite way to serve them is in my preschooler's lunchbox!  I'm so happy to have something that she loves besides chicken nuggets.  Above is a sample of one of her lunches, and I'm thrilled to report that she happily eats everything.

I encourage YOU to replace your kid's nuggets with these meatballs in their next lunch--I think they'll love them as much as we do!

In my next post, you'll get a recipe using Johnsonville's frozen sausage slices.  I can't say enough about how wonderful these newest offerings from Johnsonville are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...