Thursday, January 30, 2014

Crayon Heart "Muffins" for Valentine's Day

My girls and I found an activity that we love to do on a yearly basis, and because you bake them, my youngest has named them "crayon muffins."  They're so easy!  Here's how we make them.

Using separate silicone molds work better than a single muffin mold.  These are from Wilton.  Some folks like mixing up the crayon colors, but I prefer a more monotone approach.  I also think Crayola crayons work best.  I didn't realize how picky I've become!  To recap:
  • Single silicone muffin cups are easiest to work with
  • Monotone colors look prettier
  • Crayola works best

Directions
Soak all of your crayons in water for a couple of hours, until the paper starts to peel easily from them.  You will have a few that won't budge, just toss those.
  1. Allow them to dry thoroughly.
  2. Sort crayons into groups of four--I like monotone & complementary colors but do what you like.
  3. Preheat the oven to 250.
  4. Break the crayons into your muffin cups, like below.
  5. Bake them for 12-15 minutes, until nice and melted.  Carefully remove them from the oven.
  6. Allow to dry for a couple of hours, and they will pop out easily.  Adorable, and SO fun!

 




Ready to be packaged to give to friends!  These can be made year-round, for all occasions. 


 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...