Monday, August 19, 2013

Sweet 4 Candy! {Happy Birthday Harper}

 
 
The cake's interior
 
My youngest (aka "my tiny girl") celebrated her 4th birthday over the Summer.  When planning birthday parties with my girls, they always get to choose the themes and this year Harper requested CANDY!  She also requested purple, and pinatas, but we had to narrow it down a bit.  Above, you see her birthday cake slice, and the recipe I used is White Layer Cake with Lemon Curd which according to her website, is Martha's favorite.  Confetti sprinkles were added to the cake batter to get the dotted candy effect.
 
I made the lemon curd beforehand to let the birthday girl sample it and she didn't care for it at all.  Plan B was a simple chocolate ganache--I just melted dark chocolate chips in some cream until it had a thick consistency.  That she liked!  The frosting was my favorite, also from Martha, Shiny Cream Cheese Frosting with pink food coloring added.  I don't like to overly frost the cakes I bake for our family.  We just don't need that much sugar, and a little goes a long way.
 
If I ever cook for you, you'll get more frosting--I promise!
 
OH, I almost forgot my favorite part of the cake--my girls helped decorate it!  Memories are more important than perfection, but they did a wonderful job.  I made the 4 topper by piping melted white chocolate onto a lollipop stick and sprinkling crushed candy over it.  Allow it to dry and you have an adorable custom topper for your party.

Harper admires her cake
4 years old--She's tiny, rambunctious, adorable, and smart.  What a gift!
 
I love this funny girl!
 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...