Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Master Bedroom: Patterns & Fabrics & Ideas Galore!

I promised to offer some decorating ideas as part of this blog, so I'll give you a sneak peek into a project I'm currently finishing.  I'm the worst at starting a project, getting inspired to start another project, and soon after that my mind is swirling with ways to spruce up or change other parts of the house.  FOCUS! 
Today's post starts in the master bedroom.  It's been a work in progress for some time now and I vow to have it finished by Spring.  When we first moved into the house, I painted the walls a putty color called 'Olive Gray' by Olympic and it was great for several years.  When I decided to change things up, I did what all decorators tell you NOT to do--started by changing the paint color.  Normally I would never do that, but I found a white ('Woodrow Wilson White' by Valspar) that I knew would brighten up the space dramatically, and I'm very happy with the results.  The furniture is very dark, so having a light background gives me ample room to be creative with the colors and accessories in the room. 

After painting, I started with this fabric that I fell in love with for the curtains.  The background is khaki, and the floral pattern is ivory and dark brown.


Then, my husband found these shams, and thought they would work with the existing quilt (since he lives here, he should have some say too--hey, I can make it work).  But thankfully, these are beautiful and I agreed they DO work with the existing quilt.  I like patterns and I'm not afraid to use them!


Here's the existing quilt.  This was what sparked my desire to redecorate the room.


Are you afraid of the patterns yet?  Stick with me, I know what I'm doing ; )

Finally, the perfect set of lamps.  I LOVE lamps, and will blog about that at another time.  You can see how the wall paint contrasts with the furniture also here.


Now, I have to finish it so I can show all of you the results.  If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to ask.  The "big reveal" will be sometime this Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...