Tuesday, January 24, 2012

National Peanut Butter Day (Can this be every day?)

IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME, PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!  I would have posted a link so you could enjoy hearing the sound, but I figured seeing it is enough to make it stick in your head.  To think, someone was actually paid for that.........

Today is a silly day where "we" recognize peanut butter so I'd like to share some fun ideas that go beyond your typical PB&J.  Although, those are delicious and I like to eat them for breakfast at times with my coffee.  Makes me feel like a kid again!  But then I snap back into reality and realize that peanut butter doesn't count as a fruit or a vegetable so I have to be an adult and eat better throughout the day.  It's so worth it!

If you haven't experienced Peanut Butter & Co's blends, allow me to introduce you to our favorite:


Our Favorite Peanut Butter
It takes a normal PB&J to the next level, makes a PB&Banana divine, and is heaven on a spoon.  Or a Nilla wafer.  Or a pretzel stick.  Goodness, I could eat this on anything and it would improve it.  I find it at the local SuperTarget, but it is sold in many grocery stores now.  The White Chocolate and Cinnamon versions are also.........sublime. (Can you tell how much I love peanut butter?)  Here is their website if you'd like to take a peek: http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/

Peanut butter recipe #1 for you to make and share: 
Allrecipes.com/recipe/peanut-butter-and-jelly-thumbprint-shortbread-cookies

An insider tip:  Once you get your dough rolled, use the back of 1/4 or 1/2 measuring teaspoon to make the indentation.  You'll have a perfectly round hole to fill with your choice of jam or jelly.  Thumbs don't always make picture-perfect cookies--but there isn't anything wrong with that either.  These would also be good with a slice of banana filling the hole then drizzled with the peanut butter.  Go Elvis!

PB&J Thumbprint Cookies

And another breakfast idea for all of you PB&J enthusiasts:
Allrecipes.com/recipe/peanut-butter-and-jelly-oatmeal-pancakes

This recipe does require some tweaking because as written the batter is very runny.  I added some ground golden flaxseed (1/4 cup) and allowed it to sit for 15 minutes.  That did the trick.  Want to know the secret to how I made these round and pretty? 
PB&J Pancakes


I used my daughter's mini egg pan:


When I know I'll be photographing the finished product, I have to get creative sometimes.  This pan makes fabulous eggs for sandwiches, perfectly round pancakes, and other recipes where you want a good circle.  I don't recommend making an entire batch of pancakes with it, because it's very small.  It's also an excellent intro pan for kids who want to cook.

Back on topic:  What is your favorite way to use peanut butter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...