Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Gifts

The tree is up!
Christmas is nearing, and it's my favorite time of the year. My oldest daughter's middle name (Noelle) pays homage to this fact, and I'm always careful to not get too caught up in the planning, shopping, and decorating that I lose sight of the reason for this special season. God loves us, unconditionally, which is more than I am able to do as a fallible human. I especially thank Him for His gift of Jesus and Salvation this time of year, although I worship all year round. His blessings are evident in the minutiae of everyday, we just have to recognize them. 2009 has introduced many new things into my life, some good, some wonderful, some bad, some terrible, some welcomed, some not. One thing I know for sure is that He has been with me through it all, and will continue to be.
This season, I'd like to encourage you to draw near to Him, near in the sincerest sense of the word so that you may be gifted with the blessings He is waiting to bestow. Merry Christmas to you, and Happy Birthday to my amazing Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...